Business & marketing workshops and networking events happening this Summer, perfect for freelancers!
As some of you may know, blogging over here on The Cornish Life isn’t my only ‘thing’. I am also a freelance brand and website designer over at byRosanna, where I also have a business/marketing blog, podcast, newsletter and tonnes of other resources for small businesses and creative freelancers.
I don’t often talk about that kind of stuff here on my Cornwall lifestyle blog, because I like to keep the two brands and aspects of my life separate (to avoid confusion for me AND other people!).
However, Olivia and I have recently started working together to host in-person workshops for creatives in Cornwall, and I have lots more networking events and exciting plans on the way too. We’ve sold out our last two workshops, and plan to do many more on different topics around the business and marketing theme!
Below is a list of our upcoming workshops and networking events over the Summer, along with a few others from fellow freelancers and marketing experts in Cornwall too in case you’re interested!
Instagram for Creatives Workshop
Friday 17th May, 9:30am – 12:30pm. Nr. Truro.
Ready to start building a community & getting customers through Instagram? In this half day workshop, Olivia and I will be showing you how to:
- Set up a profile to be proud of
- Put together a content plan
- Create inspiring imagery
- Develop a theme & editing style
- Plan & schedule your posts in advance
- Write captivating captions
- Use hashtags and have your content found
- Understand Instagram Stories and engagement
Advanced Facebook for Business Workshop
Tues 21st May, 10am – 12pm. Lanivet.
Sam White is a social media expert and owner of PoC Direct Marketing. She will be running this 2 hour workshop in Lanivet just outside of Bodmin, and will cover all of the paid-for marketing opportunities offered by the platform including boosting, promoting and Facebook Ads.
Weds 22nd May, 10am – 4pm. Krowji, Redruth.
Cultivator is a European Development Funded project that provides business support for creative businesses in Cornwall, including mentoring and workshops like this. Business consultant, Trevor Lee, will be hosting this course and will focus on:
- Creating sales if you don’t like the idea of selling
- Building the customer relationship
- Being confident when talking to potential customer
- Confidently talking about the price of what you are offering
- Generating sales from existing/previous customers
Happiness Hacks: Successful & Self Employed
Thursday 23rd May, 10am – 12pm. Penzance.
Charlotte from The Palm Tree Club is a great speaker and a hive of wisdom when it comes to business and all things freelance. I had the opportunity of attending one of her motivational workshops last month and it was fantastic – highly recommended! In this workshop she will cover:
- Screen addiction and managing time on social media
- Goal setting and your vision for the future
- Time management and self worth
- Confidence and how to deal with Imposter Syndrome.
Pinterest for Creatives Workshop
Wednesday 5th June, 9:30am – 12:30pm. Nr. Truro.
Olivia and I have both had huge success using Pinterest to increase traffic to our websites and grow our businesses, getting more work and enquiries through the platform. In this half day workshop, we’ll show you how to:
- Set up & optimise your profile
- Create boards that fit your audience
- Create pinnable graphics & imagery
- Use group boards to grow your reach
- Schedule pins to automate your process using Tailwind
- Set up ‘rich pins’ & understand pin/board SEO
- Use Pinterest to grow your email list
- Curate content and understand analytics
Networking Morning with Instagram Stories Workshop
Friday 28th June, 10am – 12pm. Nr Truro.
Join us for a relaxed networking morning with coffee and cake – a great opportunity to meet other small business owners and creative freelancers here in Cornwall. We’ll also be talking about all things ‘Instagram Stories’, including:
- Why Instagram Stories is a powerful business tool
- How to get started
- Cultivating confidence to show up on Stories
- How to encourage engagement with special features
- Best practices & tricks
It’s been really fun putting these together, and the feedback we’ve had has been amazing. It’s got me really excited and fired up for more events in the future, so watch this space!